Take it from Scott and Ellen Erickson; they know Huntington Heights. Not only have they resided at 327 52nd Street for the past 26 years, they’ve raised two children, chased a grandson through the yard & lovingly remodeled this home. Much to our delight, this great family added their two cents to a recent Q & A session. Check out their helpful tips & tidbits about the neighborhood they love and the home they adore:
- Q: When you think of Huntington Heights and zip code 23607, what are the 1st three words that come to mind?
- A: Scott: Historic, Shipyard, and water
- Q: What’s your favorite local hotspot in zip code 23607?
- A: Ellen:The Crab Shack; located right at the James River Bridge and fishing pier. The food’s always great and the views are amazing!
- Q: What’s the top reason you love Huntington Heights and more specifically, 52nd Street?
- A. Ellen: When we were looking for a home, we needed a spot that was in close proximity to the interstate as Scott was commuting to Norfolk. Huntington Heights offered that and so much more.
- Q: In your eyes, what makes this neighborhood unique from others that you considered?
- A: Ellen: That’s easy! The historic homes are unlike any other location in Newport News. We weren’t looking for a cookie cutter community. We wanted character.
- Q: What other advantages does the location of Huntington Heights offer?
- A: Scott: I enjoy how close we are to Hampton’s Power Plant, especially Bass Pro Shop!
- Ellen: I prefer strolling around the revamped Peninsula Town Center, (formally Hampton’s Coliseum Mall). When our grandson Max visits, I take him there so he can play in the springing fountains.
- Q: Let’s chat specifically about your home at 327 52nd Street. Talk about curb appeal! The front porch is massive! Plus, you have an elevator?! What are your favorite features?
- A: Scott: The large windows have always been the best; we love the natural light.
- Q: What are your fondest memories that tie to your lovely home on 52nd Street?
- A: Ellen: The main staircase always lent itself to making special times extra special. Especially on Christmas mornings and school dances with the kids, it provided for a grand entrance.
Interested in more information about this one-of-a-kind community? To schedule a private tour of 327 52nd Street, Newport News, Va 23607; please contact Erin Melton, Realtor® of the Melton Team at: 757-784-1358 or head on over to https://tidehomes.com